This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated November 2023
In Kuwait, the visa transfer process enables individuals to switch their sponsorship or employer while retaining legal residency. Similar to numerous other countries, Kuwait has implemented precise guidelines and procedures for visa transfers. Hence, staying informed about the latest updates and regulations set by the Kuwaiti government is imperative for ensuring a seamless and compliant visa transfer process.
Read on as Wego offers everything you need to know regarding the Kuwait visa transfer.
What is the Kuwait visa transfer?
As per the Kuwait Government Online website, foreigners working in the civil sector in Kuwait can change their visa sponsor without leaving the country as long as they follow the rules and procedures of Article (18) from the Executive Regulations of the Foreigners’ Residence Law.
Book Cheap Flights to Kuwait
Kuwait visa transfer required documents
The following are some of the documents required for a Kuwait visa transfer:
- original civil ID of the previous sponsor and a copy
- original civil ID of the current sponsor and a copy
- original civil ID of the sponsored and a copy
- passport of the sponsored
- two (2) personal photos
- signature authorization and a copy
- health insurance certificate
What is the Kuwait visa transfer procedure?
To get a Kuwait visa transfer, follow the steps given below:
- visit the General Department of Immigration in your designated governorate
- submit the necessary documents.
- complete the service application forms.
- make the required fee payments.
Kuwait visa transfer fee
The fee for a Kuwait visa transfer depends on the residence kind and period (annual fees on granting or renewing the residence permit). However, according to some sources, the visa transfer fee in Kuwait may range between KWD 200 to KWD 300.
Please make sure to consult the authorities regarding the accurate Kuwait visa transfer fee
[Total: 127 Average: 4.6]